Saturday 5 May 2012

Puss in Boots

Tali: Puss in Boots is the very clever and adorable story of the title character as he attempts to find the coveted magic beans with the help of his old friend Humpty Dumpty and a new friend Kitty Softpaws. There is not much to say about this film other than it is an excellent but not overshadowing spin-off of the Shrek franchise. I actually really liked that this movie was its own story, and could be watched completely independently of the series. But let's be honest, this is a kids film, and unlike the Shrek series, Puss in Boots fails to deliver any sort of refuge to adults who were forced gladly went to see this movie with their kids (or adults who watched this film on their laptops at home at their own leisure). Not the worst cartoon I've seen but I wouldn't recommend watching it without a child present.

Leo: I really like this movie because I still find the same movies funny that I did when I was 10 or 11 and I'm not ashamed....I've just expanded off of that instead of outgrowing it...whatever. The movie had some subtle correlations between the movie Desparado, also with Antonio Banderas and Selma Hayek (in which she happens to also have a piece of shit boss). It had all of the Shrek-style corny jokes that are still hilarious because they just are, and the story was pretty interesting and ridiculous even for a kids movie. Like Zorro but with a cat, know what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment