Tuesday 28 August 2012

ParaNorman

Tali: I have to admit right off the bit that Leo initially had to talk me into seeing this movie. I am usually hesitant to see movies that I feel are geared toward kids (even though I wrote a [brilliant] paper on Finding Nemo once) because I am not usually sold on "this is for adults, too." With that being said ParaNorman is one of those movies I surprisingly found myself enjoying myself more and more and more. The plot is pretty straight forward - the kid in the centre (who looks like Ben Stiller) can talk to the dead, nobody believes him, adventures ensue. But what makes this film special (and appealing to adults as well) are the grand messages of right and wrong, doing unto others etc etc... as well as the brilliant one-liners of his family and friends (particularly the curly haired Neil). You should go see this!

Leo: This movie is one of those creepy movies that isn't actually too creepy because it's made with kids in mind and has so many points of comic relief. The characters are hilarious and all have great (and surprisingly very deep) personalities. The one-liners in this movie are funny and clever. The plot is very easy to follow and linear for kids and very engaging for everyone else. Though this is not a Tim Burton movie, it's hard not to see the similarities. They even worked on Coraline together, which shows that it's no coincidence. You should definitely see this and take anyone with you since it is a great movie regardless of your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment