Friday 16 May 2014

The Godfather

Tali: The Godfather, the American gangster-crime drama that catapulted Francis Ford Coppola's career, is a movie that Leo had been bugging me to watch for a long time. I think everyone on the planet had seen it before I finally did. And what can I say - the movie is so much more than a typical shoot-em-up movie wrought with ethnic stereotypes. The story of family, of power and resilience, sets this film apart and puts it at the top of the heap. The Godfather is considered to be one of the greatest films in the history of motion pictures. I don't know if I would go that far--but, I would certainly say that it was very, very good. However, maybe it was the fact that we watched it so late in the evening, or maybe I remember it more fondly than when I was watching it, but I also felt that I didn't quite get the appeal (which resonates with me now all of this time later). 75/100

Leo: I first saw this movie when I was around the age of 10. It has been one of my favourites ever since. Everything is so subtly done except the things that aren't - namely the deaths. Everything is just so mind blowing, the plot twists, the dialogue, its just so carefully sculpted into one of the best movies (if not the best) of all time. The acting makes this movie what it is. The plot and of are certainly of the highest quality, but Al Pacino and co. make this movie nuts. The transformation from an army-type to becoming a mob-boss was carefully portrayed. The iconic Godfather voice is referenced in so many things and I fear if I don't give this the highest Leometer I have ever given, it would be "disrespecting the family". Leometer: 98/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment