Wednesday 18 March 2015

Citizenfour

Tali: Citizenfour is the documentary which tells the absolutely mind-blowing story of Edward Snowden, the whistleblower who blew the lid off the NSA. While I was fairly familiar with Snowden's story, the film still drew me in and surprised me even further. The documentary is subtle, yet packs a powerful punch. A must-watch for many reasons: a) Citizenfour won Best Documentary Feature at the Oscars; b) the NSA revellations and WikiLeaks are two of the biggest and most important things to have happened in the last 5 years; c) Glen Greenwald's entrancing use of the Portuguese language. 87/100.

Leo: I'm not a huge fan of documentaries, but this one is a must-see. Edward Snowden is a very controversial character and the movie paints and while I mostly found myself agreeing with all of his thoughts, I'm not sure the method was the best. Either way, he is a controversial hero of the generation and this Documentary tells his story in a almost political-thriller kind of way. Leometer: 85/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment