Tuesday 5 May 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Tali: Age of  Ultron is the much-anticipated sequel to the first Avengers movie and the next chapter of Marvel lore. The plot is simply too big to describe (maybe Leo can take a stab at it), but it includes a million characters, several subplots and a ton of jokes and puns. I enjoyed this darker, more adult follow up to the first film, and I'm always anxious to explore that these folks look like/do without S.H.I.E.L.D. My biggest criticm (*spoiler*) stems from what appears to be the most forced love subplot in recent memory, and a particular piece of language that makes even the most badass female characters a hot mess (I'd love to discuss more but I don't want to take up too much space--come at me, bro!). Despite that criticism, I am excited for the series of sequels and new characters and films that are already in the works (still holding my breath for a stand-alone Black Widow movie, though). 87/100.

Leo: This is the exactly the movie I was expecting and exited for, meaning I was very happy with it but it didn't have the same mind-blowing awesomeness as the first one (because of the novelty, most likely) even if the actual action sequences were better. The darker nature of the movie showed how dynamic Joss Whedon and the cast, because it still retained a bit of the light-hearted funny parts. Furthermore, it simply adds to the ever-expanding Marvel universe. It's one of those movies you need to see as a fan, or need to see as someone who wants to get the full experience of the marvel universe. My only criticism is that Scarlett Johansson didn't actually "sing" the lullaby because she has a great voice :). Leometer: 89/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment