Monday 9 September 2013

The World's End

Tali: The World's End is a sci-fi comedy from the guys who brought you Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. It follows Gary King, an alcoholic low-life who tries to assemble his college buddies to compete a legendary pub crawl challenge. Though this is a British production, the comedy definitely crossed the pond and was outrageous for the entire movie. Like This Is the End, this movie plays upon the off-camera friendship of the actors involved and give them some opportunities to really just write for themselves. The plot twist and the out-of-left-field ending are completely absurd, but they work. This was one of the best movies this summer.. though I have to admit that I didn't like it as much as Leo did.

Leo: Yea, I sort of feel like this movie was written for people like me. They took the concept of "friends uniting for apocalypse comedy" (Shaun of the Dead-like concept) and made it more.....them. The one-liners, physical comedy, and just plain ridiculousness of the drunk bickering made me constantly laugh to the point where I was concerned I was going to pull something. If you're looking for a funny-o-meter, I would rank this movie slightly funnier than This is the End. It was absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment