Monday 24 February 2014

Gravity

Tali: You all know this movie. I know this because I was one of the last people to see this movie. I get terribly squeamish to the point of onset nausea whenever people are free form falling - superheroes flying with intent are fine, but I knew this movie would be problematic for me. With that being said, I finally got around to watching this on the safety of my laptop screen. Here's the thing: obviously the achievement of cinematography in this film is is the best cinema has to offer. The exquisite imagery coupled with unbelievable suspense has me yelling at the screen more so than I had in a long time. However, didn't anyone else find the script lacking? The dialogue cliche? SPOILER: And what's with Sandra Bullock's obviously whip-smart character needing George Clooney to come back from the dead and "save her?" Those things kind of brought this movie down for me. One helluva ride though. 78/100.

Leo: I saw this movie as soon as it came out because I was a huge fan of his installment of Harry Potter as well as Children of Men. This movie lived up to those standards. He has a way of not only raising the logical stakes but the way the audience views them and feels about the characters. It's safe to say Sandra Bullock was not my ideal choice for this part but she really surprised me and kept me believing. I do agree, George Clooney was acting as his usual self for most of the movie, but there were times when he sort of moves out of his comfort zone and it was very interesting. Unlike with Tali, the dialogue didn't really bother me but that's possibly because I was busy feeling sick and uneasy along with the characters. The cinematography was just incredible that any small plot or dialogue cliches were lost in space along with any other reservations. 91/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment