Friday 21 February 2014

Nebraska

Tali: Nebraska tells the story of Woody, an elderly and somewhat absent mined drunk who believes he has won a million dollars in a sweepstakes, and sets off to Lincoln, Nebraska to obtain his prize. I knew from the first time that I saw this trailer, that this movie was going to be worth seeing. The story is so rich yet realistic and the humorous bits fit in just right. Bruce Dern and June Squib are incredibly perfect together - the bickering and unpleasantly aging couple are so real they just leap out of the screen. A wonderful movie!! 88/100.

Leo: Another movie I did not want to see, but another movie I enjoyed very much (I guess the Oscars aren't as bullshit as I thought???). Bruce Dern, June Squib, and Will Forte were a perfect combination of serious and funny - none of the jokes were forced and they were all so real. The scene where all of the old men were sitting in silence without reacting (or subtly reacting) watching the TV was one of the funniest things I have ever seen and I can't even understand why. They started talking about the Chevy and the Buick and I was laughing the whole time. It was a very well done movie and it wasn't too sad at the end. 84/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment