Wednesday 26 February 2014

Oscar Nominations 2014

Best picture:
Nominees -American Hustle, Captain Phillips, Dallas Buyers Club, Gravity, Her, Nebraska, Philomena, 12 Years a Slave, The Wolf of Wall Street
Tali -My heart says Her but my money is on American Hustle.
Leo - I would love for American Hustle to win, but Twelve Years a Slave just has that vibe.

Best actor:
Nominees - Christian Bale, Bruce Dern, Leonardo DiCaprio, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Matthew McConaughey
Tali- Matthew McConaughey
Leo - Matthew McConaughey, I'm almost certain.

Best supporting actor:
Nominees -Barkhad Abdi, Bradley Cooper, Michael Fassbender, Jonah Hill, Jared Leto
Tali -Can I vote for Jonah Hill's teeth? No? Ok.. then Michael Fassbender.
Leo - Michael Fassbender is my personal pick but it's going to Jared Leto.

Best actress:
Nominees -Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock, Judi Dench, Meryl Streep
Tali -My heart is with Amy but my money is on Cate Blanchett.
Leo - I really think this should go to Amy Adams. Cate Blachett might get it and also deserve it, but Amy Adams' performance in American Hustle was one of the best I've seen in any movie, not just this year.

Best supporting actress: 
Nominees -Sally Hawkins, Jennifer Lawrence, Lupita Nyong'o, Julie Roberts, June Squibb
Tali -LUPITA FOREVER.
Leo -Lupita Nyong'o

Best director: 
Nominees -Alfonso Curaron, Steve McQueen, Alexander Payne, David O. Russell, Martin Scorsese
Tali - Alfonso Curaron.
Leo -Alfonso Curaron

Best animated film:
Nominees -The Croods, Despicable Me 2, Ernest and Celestine, Frozen, The Wind Rises
Tali - I haven't even seen it yet but I bet it's gonna be Frozen.
Leo -Frozen

Best original song:
Nominees - Happy (Despicable Me 2), Let It Go (Frozen), The Moon Song (Her), Ordinary Love (Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom)
Tali - I am going to out on a limb here and say Ordinary Love.
Leo - Let It Go

Other calls we'd like to make:
Tali - Gravity for Best Cinematography; Her for Best Original Screenplay; 20 Feet From Stardom for Best Documentary
Leo - iono. Gravity is probably going to get all of the sound mixing, editing, and etc. awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment