Wednesday 18 January 2012

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 1+2

Tali: Admittedly, I have never read a Harry Potter book. Alas, I made with Leo an agreement to watch all 8 of the HP films in order (he was stoked). I had to say, I grew to love the series and it was really exciting to see the main 3 (Radcliffe, Watson and Grint) all grow up alongside and apart of their characters. Obviously the nature of the films grew darker as the actors/characters became older. For me, the Harry Potter story is very gloomy and should be told in a manner that expresses the reality of a mystical orphan with the weight of an alternate world on his shoulders. I was blown away with both parts 1+2 of the Deathly Hallows. Having never read the series, I had the advantage (in comparison to the other nerds movie goers) in which I did not know what was going to happen. Featuring the most epic battle scene of the summer (of the year?) this film dazzled and surprised me with every twist and turn (and I literally could not have predicted/come up with a better ending).

Leo: Harry Potter 7, parts one and two were both excellent movies but completely different at the same time. While part one was majorly a set up for part two, it still captured a lot of emotion and the storyline was sound and it made sense for a split regardless of what people say about it being a money grab. The second part of this film was probably the best movie of last year. It made you laugh, cry, and cheer all at the same time, which is quite hard to do and not many movies do it. And Emma Watson is probably the hottest witch in the history of any movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment