Monday 30 January 2012

The Ides of March

Tali: Ides of March (IoM) was a very exciting and captivating political drama. I was thrilled and intrigued by the casting and I was not at all disappointed. I’m not one to pick up on when a plot twist will occur (re: gullible) and the Machiavellian aspects to the storyline, coupled with the realism and relevance of an electoral campaign made for an excellent film. Tip of the hat to Ryan Gosling for growing up to be something so much more than Breaker High. It takes amazing acting chops to sympathize with someone whose job is to find the flaws in others and to make themselves (or their candidate) come out on top. When I was sitting in the theatre and the credits started rolling, I literally sat there in disbelief – I wanted MORE! I did not want it to end! But really, Clooney and Gosling could be in any film together and I would watch it for hours. J
Leo: The Ides of March had a pretty simple premise that we’ve seen so many times. The movie wasn’t particularly well done, but it was very safe and successful at being what it was. It had a good amount of twists (however predictable) and depicted politics as they are (or we are supposed to think that). The acting is what really drives this movie. Obviously every girl wants to see a movie with Ryan Gosling and George Clooney, so it also has that going for it. See it if the Muppets is sold out.

P.S. Tali' reviews aren't that much longer than mine, the picture just makes it look longer.....

No comments:

Post a Comment