Sunday 22 January 2012

The Muppets

Tali: The Muppets is the latest film in a franchise that stretches for decades. With all of the hype and promotion of the movie leading up to its release, some critics were nervous that as a distributor, Disney would have significant influence over the Muppet story and characteristics. However, as a fan of the Muppets as a kid, I can honestly say that Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzy and everyone else were exactly how I remembered them to be. That being said, this was definitely not a kids movie – the message may be for everyone but the jokes and satire would definitely fly over the heads of anyone who cannot tie their own shoe laces (there isn’t an app for that?). The AMAZING songs and celebrity cameos made this film very cheeky and almost hokey – but not too cheesy. The perfect pick me up and smile all day long movie. I’d say the Muppets is the best feel-good film since Toy Story 3.

Leo: The Muppets had to be the most fun movie to watch. I was smiling from start to finish. I’m not sure if I can even write too much more about this, but this movie is a must-see. Amy Adams and Jason Segal are a great couple; Jason Segal is a great guy, Amy Adams is a great gal / also hot / also smart (fun fact). The cameos were all quite funny and well-used but not over-used. The songs were incredible; I was singing “Life’s a happy song” for about a month after I saw this movie. Go see it if you haven’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment